On the future of the project

 

My books written in Goral 
Hello, I would like to talk about the future of this site and address a few problems. I have noticed that it has gained some popularity online due to many factors. I probably won't be continuing this site or at least not in the same way as before. I was thinking of changing the site into a blog about the Goral dialects and Gorals in general. It's simply very hard and time consuming to try create lessons for a understudied microlanguage. If you want to learn Goral then I recommend 2 things 

a) learn Polish or Slovak. It will help you with recourses. 

b) use dictionaries from your region. They usually have a sound list and grammar difference list too.

I also recommend joining the Góralscýzna discord server as we have speakers of many dialects and I posted a bunch of recourses there. 


What dialect in particular am I using on the website? 

One must keep in mind that Goral is usually classified as a plethora of related dialects under a common name and literary movement. Goral varies a lot. Each village speaks slightly differently and a huge amount of words aren't documented (no one is going to individually check every single village's dialect). I use a slightly dumbed down version of the Podhale dialect here. Whilst I tried to create a strictly codified standard, it was simply to hard. We have never had a standard ever since the inception of our literature and we have managed to keep together. Gorals pride themselves in their diversity. If someone is to learn Goral, I recommend they learn the dialect from their region. On the Góralscýzna server we can help you find recourses and guide you on your journey 


Do we support Goralenvolk?

As ridiculous as this sounds I think I have to state it. I am no separatist and let alone a fascist. Nationalists hating Gorals in Poland isn't uncommon. Just look in the comment sections of any posts or YouTube videos relating to Gorals. There is no denying it, it's a form of ethnic hatred. Calling us Goralenvolk mountain jews is more hurtful than it sounds. Goralenvolk is not only a huge taboo but also responsible for the deaths of thousands in the region. It's the reason Gorals are afraid to say anything bolder. It's not a funny joke. 


Thank you for reading this.

Ôstoncié z Bogem ôstomieli. 

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Basics 1

Basics 2